Hello,

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

I load Task Manager, it says System Idle Process is consuming 99% of CPU,
yet overall CPU use is anywhere between 33% and 49% at the same time.

While this phenomenon has been about, iTunes has also taken to stuttering
whenever I've scrolled a graphics intensive web page or opened a new chat
window in MSN Messenger.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

(Windows XP Pro SP2, AMD XP2000+, 512MB, AVG AV reporting nothing untoward)

Best wishes,
nsj

mak

Distinguished