Video Cards Which is better

G

I wonder if someone could help me with a problem i am having please.

I bought a Hercules 3d prophet 2 gts pro 64 video card three months ago it went bad on me.

I took it back today and they said they didn't have any of those so they gave me a Cardexpert geforce 2 pro/400 card to replace it with.

My question is: are they equal cards? This cardexpert is much smaller abd i can only find info on geforce 2 gts/4000 cards on this site?

Thanx for your help
Mark

Rabs

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
The card they gave you is the same don't worry.

The difference between manufacturers is negligable, they are all clocked the same on equal GPU cards (GTS, GTS Pro, Ultra). Sometimes the drivers may be different as some manufacturers tweak various settings.

Basically as long as its a GTS Pro and 64MB I wouldn't worry.

G

This new one said it is a geforce 2pro/400
I still wonder the size difference and the specs?

G

what the hell is a geforce 2pro/400????
it can be a geforce 2 pro
or a georce 2 mx 400

Help?

G

Thats what the box says and the gainward.com site also says so.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
You got a fairly kick ass card. Dont sweat it, in fact it's faster than the card that you originally purchased.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

bungee

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2001
Man, the 400 for the Pro is not an MX card. It means that his memory is at 400 MHz (200 DDR) which is the best setting for a PRO because some manufacturer put it at 366.
Indeed, you have a very good card!

<font color=red> I won't sign without my lawyer's presence!

G

I concur, you got a good card. 200 core and 400 memory speed. I tried for weeks looking for a Pro with 200/400. But at that time everyone started carrying the 366 ones. So I bought a Kyro II. Returned that to newegg (too many problems), and was stuck with what they would carry (you know, RMA). So I ended up going for a Leadtek Geforce 2 Pro, guess what? They sent me an Ultra. Now that is a good deal!
deez