NEED HELP: Leadtek GeForce2 GTS PRO

G

I just installed a Leadtek GeForce2 GTS Pro 32DDR, but it's sucking wind. My old TNT2 Ultra performed better. The Winfast utility says that the AGP bus is disabled, and Device Manager shows the card on PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0. I followed the BIOS suggestions in the Leadtek FAQ, I've tried the latest Detonator drivers, but still nothing. Any suggestions?

My system:
AMD 1.1 GHz T-Bird
512 MB RAM
55 Gig HDD
Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 GTS Pro

"Deserves" got nothin' to do with it...

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I'd completely uninstall all the old drivers? Then if you have VIA chipset,
Re-install the latest VIA 4in1 drivers-4.32, (Which should include your AGP driver)
Then re-install the video card drivers.

"There's no such thing as gravity...the earth sucks"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 08/02/01 06:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
check that agp is enabled in your bios.
install the latest via drivers (should u have a via chipset)
then install the via AGP patch
then get something like riva tuner to ensure that agp 4 is enabled.

cauz i just got a leadtek geforce2pro 32mb and well...
it just REAMS my old TNT2 pro ROYALLY.

P.S. if you plan to overclock please let me know... we can compare our results. :)

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.

G

It is important when you install the agp 4 in 1 drivers, That you do it in this order. First go into control panel and remove the vid card from your system, reboot, and install a generic vga driver. Then install the 4 in 1 drivers, then install the detonators. Also I heard that the version 12.xx is better for the geforce 2 than the 14.xx series.

I know just enough to be dangerous.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yes.
im using win2k with my leadtek geforrce2pro and certain drivers SUCK DONKEY TURDS.
namely the official leadtek 6.66's and any thing above 12.41

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.