Run DosBox on Win 7 64 bit and 16 bit program

Jaz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,

I want to run an old Dos program, I believe 16 bit, on win 7 64 bit and possibly Win 7 32 bit. The program is dBase based

database program for photographers. I currently use Win XP Pro SP2 and SP3 with no problems. I current run it on a network

where all the files reside on one computer (named - Office) and the other 4 workstations I have on the network, read and

write data to the folder/hard drive. I access the "Office" computer from each of my workstations by running a batch file from

my desktop. That opens the program "Studio Access" on each workstation and like I said - each workstation reads and writes

data to the "Office" computer. No data resides on the workstations - only the batch file. The batch file looks to the exe file on

the "Office" computer to start the "Studio Access" program on each workstation. Here is the batch file

@ECHO OFF
NET USE LPT1: \\WOFFICE\HP_LJ1200 > NUL
NET USE LPT2: \\WOFFICE\OFFICE_PIN > NUL
NET USE O: \\WOFFICE\C_DRIVE > NUL
O:
CD\STUDIO
SA NO dellxps
c:
NET USE LPT2: /D > NUL
NET USE LPT1: /D > NUL
NET USE O: /D /YES > NUL

Will DosBox or any other program help me run "Studio Access" on Win 7 - preferrably 64 bit or at least 32 bit. I hope I've

explained my problem well since I'm not too knowledgable on operating systems and networking. Someone else set this up.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Jaz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Thanks for your input. If I should try a Virtual session of WinXP in Win 7 64 bit, how

would I go about that? If I can't do, maybe the guy who setup my system can do it

with your instructions. Thanks in advance.

Jaz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Will the Win XP mode work in Win 7 Home as well as Win 7 Pro? Also will VirtualBox

or VMware Player work with Win 7 Home as well as Win 7 Pro? I have a new

workstation that came with Win 7 Home and I'd like it to work with Studio Access.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.