My cd for my pc is cracked and a need it work how can i make it work with a crac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badboy78692

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
it is a Mobil 1 British Rally Championship 1999 actualize and magnetic fields software CD and they don't have one of them the others are different

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
well... if it's just a crack...
you'll need luck, duct tape, toothpaste, some towels, window cleaner and a lot of luck...

9/10 times your disc is fubard...
and for the rest, if you'll play it, you can damage your cdrom...
so.. you have been warned :)

now...
1, carefully put your disc together,
2, once properly aligned, put the disc shiny side on a flat surface..
3, tape the label side together - put an equal size of the tape on the whole disc...
and here comes the fun part - try to read it, if it fails continue with this>
1, apply the toothpaste on the shiny side... only a little bit...
2, wipe it off, gently, from inside to outside...
3, let it rest for a coffee break... 5-10 minutes..
4, apply window cleaner...
5, wipe off the stuff clockwise...
6, let it rest overnight...
7, try to read it...

also... pray it reads...
and backup everything asap...
and pray even harder it doesn't explode inside your cd rom...
also.. you will lose some data...

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
You will have to go the e-bay route or something similar as the manufacturer no longer carries them (and software from era falls into that group).

And as far as "using it with a crac" does not mean pirated. It mean "can I put it in the drive and still have it usable?". And as previously stated above the answer is no. That disc will shatter in the drive and turn into shrapnel. Not only that, the damage goes thru data "tracks" destroying the 0's and 1's. Compare it to a phonograph (CD drive) and a damaged LP (CD disc). Needle skips all over the place and this it is unplayable. A CD is just on a micro scale in comparison to a LP but the same scenario.

Badboy78692

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

you try finding me one lets see if you can if you can tell me i will check it if it is the one i need :eek:

CD: Mobil 1 British Rally Championship 1999 actualize and magnetic fields software for PC

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
well...
you can also look on the shiny side - you'll see it divided into sort of a matte and kinda glossy part.
the matte part closer to the middle is the written track, the other is free space. if the crack doesn't go through the written track, you should be safe... if it goes, you will lose some data...

Aug 13, 2012
I am truly sorry for my earlier post, I thought you meant cracked as in pirating crack. So it literally cracked. I do not think you can repair it. Since they spin so fast now even if it's repaired it might just crack again.

Status
Not open for further replies.