How do you clear your web history?

Hi-

I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using it
for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that keeps
track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I clear
that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about clear history

    thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:

    > Hi-
    >
    > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using
    > it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that
    > keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I
    > clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    Internet Options > Clear History.

    Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.

    --
    William

    Thanks a bunch!!! I tried this, but it still wouldn't do it.. I dunno what's
    up.

    "WTC" wrote:

    > thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:
    >
    > > Hi-
    > >
    > > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using
    > > it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that
    > > keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I
    > > clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    >
    > Internet Options > Clear History.
    >
    > Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.
    >
    > --
    > William

    thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:

    > "WTC" wrote:
    >
    >> thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi-
    >> >
    >> > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been
    >> > using it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen
    >> > that keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded.
    >> > How can I clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    >>
    >> Internet Options > Clear History.
    >>
    >> Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.
    >>
    > Thanks a bunch!!! I tried this, but it still wouldn't do it.. I dunno
    > what's up.

    You may have to delete some values in the registry.

    How to clear the History entries in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157729

    You can download and run the reg file that will do this for you.

    Line 50 - Clear History of Typed URL's

    [Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]

    --
    William

    See Also:

    Delete the History folder and index.dat:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "thefutureprez18" <thefutureprez18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:5A575604-4CA3-4E66-93D4-A0B67601A307@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks a bunch!!! I tried this, but it still wouldn't do it.. I dunno
    > what's
    > up.
    >
    > "WTC" wrote:
    >
    >> thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi-
    >> >
    >> > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been
    >> > using
    >> > it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that
    >> > keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How
    >> > can I
    >> > clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    >>
    >> Internet Options > Clear History.
    >>
    >> Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.
    >>
    >> --
    >> William

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP