How do you clear your web history?

August 7, 2005 3:49:22 AM

Hi-

I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using it
for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that keeps
track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I clear
that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More about : clear web history

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:14:37 AM

thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using
> it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that
> keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I
> clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Internet Options > Clear History.

Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.

--
William
Anonymous

Thanks a bunch!!! I tried this, but it still wouldn't do it.. I dunno what's
up.

"WTC" wrote:

> thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:
>
> > Hi-
> >
> > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been using
> > it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen that
> > keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded. How can I
> > clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Internet Options > Clear History.
>
> Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.
>
> --
> William

August 7, 2005 4:41:05 AM

thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> thefutureprez18 thought and wrote:
>>
>> > Hi-
>> >
>> > I can't seem to clear my web history on my new computer. I've been
>> > using it for about a month, and the scroll bar at the top of the screen
>> > that keeps track of everywhere I've been is getting a little crowded.
>> > How can I clear that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>>
>> Internet Options > Clear History.
>>
>> Internet Options can be found in the Control Panel.
>>
> Thanks a bunch!!! I tried this, but it still wouldn't do it.. I dunno
> what's up.

You may have to delete some values in the registry.

How to clear the History entries in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157729

You can download and run the reg file that will do this for you.

Line 50 - Clear History of Typed URL's

[Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]

--
William
Anonymous

See Also:

Delete the History folder and index.dat:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org