Maurice N ~ MVP Wrote:
> Paul,
>
> p.s. Have you had any device conflicts, or modified device drivers?
> Is the HD an IDE/ SCSI/ Sata drive ?
> Go into Device Manager, and see if your hard drive - controller is =
> listed. Anything marked with a yellow question mark?
>
> --=20
> Maurice N=20
> MVP Windows - Shell / User=20
> -----
Hello Maurice, the answers to your questions are as follows:
I have no device conflicts
I have not installed (to my knowledge) an modified device drivers
I Believe my hard drive is a "IDE" but I'm really not sure how to check
this?
It is an Advent 3216 desk top PC with a pentium 4 processor at 2.80
ghz
I have installed Norton Personal Firewall & Norton System Works

I am also having problems with burning cd's which may be linked, if I
right click on my cd-rw drive (e) select "properties" & then
"recording" there is a drop down box where you can select the drive
that WMP stores an image of the CD to be written, this box is in empty
& it will not let me select a drive?

also when running Norton disc doctor it says my hard drive is not
labelled?
Paul

--
Paulc

Paul,

Do keep the firewall software runnning. But, if you have any Norton System Works modules auto-loaded at each Windows startup, temporarily, disable or close them, to see if some of your problem clears up.

I've intentionally not addressed your cd burning issues....hoping others will better help you.

Not having a HD volume label is not fatal. Ignore that in Norton. While in My Computer-Windows Explorer, from the left-hand frame (folders view), you can (a) highlight the HD drive, do a right-click, select Rename, then type in a HD volume label.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User