Waht's "wrong" with the Dell A940 All-In-Ones ?

The past month or so, I've "rescued" a number of Dell A940 All-in-one
printer/scanner/copier units from the local PC dismantler/recycler.

Pop in a couple of new ink cartridges and they appear to be good as new.

I don't normally see units this new come through the recycler, so I'm
curious - is there something intrinsically "wrong" with the A940 that would
have people dumping them ?

- FM -
2 answers Last reply
More about waht wrong dell a940 ones

    Fred,
    I believe both the Dell A7XX & A9XX series, are basically modified/rebadged
    Lexmark printers. So the replacement cartridges cost too much for the
    average user. Over US$25.00 per cartridge, but usually more than that. For
    just the price of a set of cartridges, you can buy a decent Canon printer.
    Which I have done. After owning two Lexmark printers, myself.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
    The past month or so, I've "rescued" a number of Dell A940 All-in-one
    printer/scanner/copier units from the local PC dismantler/recycler.

    Pop in a couple of new ink cartridges and they appear to be good as new.

    I don't normally see units this new come through the recycler, so I'm
    curious - is there something intrinsically "wrong" with the A940 that would
    have people dumping them ?

    - FM -

    they came free with certain promotions so people may not have really wanted
    or needed them in the first place and when it ran out of ink the owner could
    not find cartridges locally it probably made its way to the dump. a set of
    cartridges costs as much as a new printer that comes with cartridges. the
    cartridges can only be obtained from dell. but that is changing as i have
    seem some clone cartridges for dell printers showing up at my staples store.
    if you remove the tab from the cartridge door then you can fit the lexmark
    equivalent cartridges in the dell printer (but you can also break the door
    and render the entire machine useless).

    "Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > The past month or so, I've "rescued" a number of Dell A940 All-in-one
    > printer/scanner/copier units from the local PC dismantler/recycler.
    >
    > Pop in a couple of new ink cartridges and they appear to be good as new.
    >
    > I don't normally see units this new come through the recycler, so I'm
    > curious - is there something intrinsically "wrong" with the A940 that
    > would
    > have people dumping them ?
    >

    > - FM -

Dell Printers Scanners Computers