Hp g6 a8 4500m with hd 7640g gpu upgade

i just bought a hp g6 a8 apg and was wondering if i upgrade the ram from 8gb to 16gb will this also make the gpu run better as it is a apu chip and i am not to educated in the new amd CPU,s so thanks for any input in advanced :pt1cable:
3 answers Last reply
More about 4500m 7640g upgade
  1. no more ram will not make it run better 8gb is plenty for almost anything you do in terms of upgrades there is not too much to do on a laptop
  2. is there any way i can upgrade the gpu on this laptop i thought with the cpu sharing ram with the gpu an upgrade of the ram would help the gpu run a bit better it is listed as discreet gpu so could i swap it out for a 1 gb card? thanks :pt1cable:
  3. You can "upgrade" the integrated Radeon HD 7640g by replacing the A8-4500m APU with the A10-4600m APU which has the slightly faster Radeon HD 7660g. The HD 7660g has 128 more shaders and the graphics core is 31MHz faster; 384 shaders / 686MHz. The performance increase will be slight, but there is a performance increase.

The laptop was probably advertised as "discrete like" graphics performance. There will be no way to install a graphics card / chip. Only specific gaming laptop models gives you the ability to upgrade the graphic card and those laptops start at $1,500; if not more.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Hewlett Packard HD Laptops