Can't delete limited user accounts

I am having trouble deleting unwanted limited user accounts.. When I click on
the account I want to delete and select the options, the pc freezes and
becomes non-responsive.. When i look at the task manager, it shows that the
mshta.exe file is doing something, and when I end the process it closes the
account manager screen.. What do I need to do to delete these accounts from
my pc. FYI I am logged in as the administrator while I am trying to delete
these users. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about delete limited user accounts

    Hi,

    Try it in safe mode. How to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "chridd" <chridd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having trouble deleting unwanted limited user accounts.. When I click
    >on
    > the account I want to delete and select the options, the pc freezes and
    > becomes non-responsive.. When i look at the task manager, it shows that
    > the
    > mshta.exe file is doing something, and when I end the process it closes
    > the
    > account manager screen.. What do I need to do to delete these accounts
    > from
    > my pc. FYI I am logged in as the administrator while I am trying to
    > delete
    > these users. Any suggestions?

    Open a command prompt, type "net user /delete <account name>, hit enter. Run
    sfc /scannow from the run dialog box. Check the event log. Scan your pc for
    viruses, spyware. Get your Windows Updates and remove any un-needed startup
    programs.

    Brian P.
    A+, Network+, MCP

    "chridd" <chridd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having trouble deleting unwanted limited user accounts.. When I click
    >on
    > the account I want to delete and select the options, the pc freezes and
    > becomes non-responsive.. When i look at the task manager, it shows that
    > the
    > mshta.exe file is doing something, and when I end the process it closes
    > the
    > account manager screen.. What do I need to do to delete these accounts
    > from
    > my pc. FYI I am logged in as the administrator while I am trying to
    > delete
    > these users. Any suggestions?

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP