Advanced Tab under User Accounts

I do not get the Advance Tab under user accounts. I never got it on my
laptop. The only options I get are not set up as tabs but a window that
wants me to select "learn about" or "pick a task..." the only options I get
are change an account, create a new account, or change the way users log on
and off. How can I get the old-fashion User Accounts window with 2 tabs
(users and Advanced) under XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2. A
friend has a new laptop and can get the advanced tab.
3 answers Last reply
More about advanced user accounts

    Hi,

    Those instructions are for a Win2000 system. Click start/run, type CONTROL
    USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok to access the applet you desire.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Brenda Welch" <Brenda Welch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I do not get the Advance Tab under user accounts. I never got it on my
    > laptop. The only options I get are not set up as tabs but a window that
    > wants me to select "learn about" or "pick a task..." the only options I
    > get
    > are change an account, create a new account, or change the way users log
    > on
    > and off. How can I get the old-fashion User Accounts window with 2 tabs
    > (users and Advanced) under XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2. A
    > friend has a new laptop and can get the advanced tab.

    Thank you, it worked beautifully. Is there anyway to set it to come up that
    way when I click "User Accounts" from the control panel?

    > Thank you, it worked beautifully. Is there anyway to set it to come up
    > that
    > way when I click "User Accounts" from the control panel?

    Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (Line 1 - Right hand side)

    [Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]

    --
    William

Laptops Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP