Advanced Tab under User Accounts

a b D Laptop
August 7, 2005 4:51:02 PM

I do not get the Advance Tab under user accounts. I never got it on my
laptop. The only options I get are not set up as tabs but a window that
wants me to select "learn about" or "pick a task..." the only options I get
are change an account, create a new account, or change the way users log on
and off. How can I get the old-fashion User Accounts window with 2 tabs
(users and Advanced) under XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2. A
friend has a new laptop and can get the advanced tab.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2005 9:24:53 PM

Hi,

Those instructions are for a Win2000 system. Click start/run, type CONTROL
USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok to access the applet you desire.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Brenda Welch" <Brenda Welch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 12B6937-DA0E-47B3-8F29-5C549F628EC2@microsoft.com...
>I do not get the Advance Tab under user accounts. I never got it on my
> laptop. The only options I get are not set up as tabs but a window that
> wants me to select "learn about" or "pick a task..." the only options I
> get
> are change an account, create a new account, or change the way users log
> on
> and off. How can I get the old-fashion User Accounts window with 2 tabs
> (users and Advanced) under XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2. A
> friend has a new laptop and can get the advanced tab.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 1:18:01 AM

Thank you, it worked beautifully. Is there anyway to set it to come up that
way when I click "User Accounts" from the control panel?

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Those instructions are for a Win2000 system. Click start/run, type CONTROL
> USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok to access the applet you desire.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Brenda Welch" <Brenda Welch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 12B6937-DA0E-47B3-8F29-5C549F628EC2@microsoft.com...
> >I do not get the Advance Tab under user accounts. I never got it on my
> > laptop. The only options I get are not set up as tabs but a window that
> > wants me to select "learn about" or "pick a task..." the only options I
> > get
> > are change an account, create a new account, or change the way users log
> > on
> > and off. How can I get the old-fashion User Accounts window with 2 tabs
> > (users and Advanced) under XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2. A
> > friend has a new laptop and can get the advanced tab.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 2:45:22 AM

> Thank you, it worked beautifully. Is there anyway to set it to come up
> that
> way when I click "User Accounts" from the control panel?

Add ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (Line 1 - Right hand side)

[Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]

--
William