vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
While playing CS, I (seen) talk of a new version coming out. These guys just making it up or what?! Went to CS sites and there's no mention of it.

Because THGC members are so honest and be the first with flamethrowers I thought I'd ask here.

"Shields up 100%, Mr. Sulu!!!" :eek:

<font color=blue> You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!</font color=blue>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
lol, no they're not joking... cs 1.6 is on it's way and if you've only heard of it now then you're WAY out of the loop :). There's a few new features including a riot shield + 5/7, and two knew guns which will rival the colt and ak. The beta testing for 1.6 (steam v2) will be open (supposidely) in mid. december; though it was supposed to be mid-nov a while back. And only god knows when the real version will be released (my guess is ~2months after the beta). Condition zero has been pushed back till jan2003... and that's uber lame.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thanks Esso,

Being in Germany I'm a bit behind. If your name has something to do with one of the gas stations here in Germany then you know :lol:

Plus I don't get online too often because we're pushing overtime at work to meet the demands of our customers before the Xmas deadline.

The way you describe the new version it'll be something like Condition Zero. Damn, I'm gonna have to update my GeForce 2 MX 400 64SDRAM. With 1.5 even with US servers I'm still pingin' 'round 200 but I don't know if the new version will be graphics intensive.

Thanks
VAGABOND

<font color=blue> You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it!</font color=blue>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
=) here check this site out, I can't read german, but I'm assuming you can, hehe. Either way there's a lot of 1.6 pics here that you can check out (including the in-game implementation of 'tracker').

*edit* sorry, i got ahead of myself lol!
<A HREF="http://www.cstrike.de/cscz/neueversion/preview.htm" target="_new">http://www.cstrike.de/cscz/neueversion/preview.htm</A>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Esso on 12/01/02 01:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
where's the link? :frown:

and yes I can read german. it'd definitely be interesting.

uther

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Just use google, it will translate the page for you. Works pretty well - at least enough to get the gist of what is being said.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
I don't need it translated I need the link.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
There was an english site with that on it... I saw it, but I'm too lazy to find it again.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Check my previous post for the link =p.
Ya cheating is still not an un-common thing around cs, quite annoying... though when you admin a server, you can decide who the illegitamite players are.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Damn. That's too bad. I was hoping that the new version was more cheat-proof. I never really see why people would want to cheat in such an awesome game. Oh well.

I liked those screens of the 1.6 release. The riot shield looks awesome. Still, when hackers are able to shoot my guy through walls I can only guess as to its true value :frown:

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
It's really too bad that people cheat but the ones I hate the most are the TAers and TKers. The ones who do it intentionally. Drives me nuts!!!

Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

Question on all who posted here, do you guys run skinpacks or do you play with the original skins and sound FX? If you run skinpacks, which ones do you use and please send links. I use PW Skinpack FX Plus 2.0. I had the newer version where the Ts wore masks but it was difficult to distinguish between a T and a CT at a distance so I loaded the old version. Condition Zero is supposed to be like that.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
I'm to lazy to go looking for skins so I just stick to the original... although way back in 1.4 I had naked (female) hostages 8D. Now there's some inpiration for rescues!

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Nice :eek:

I might try getting new skins solely for making team detection easier.

Still, to actually compete against all the hackers it seems I'd need to get cheats, which defeats the point of playing anyway.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Had those too but the sound and FX were so sexy I couldn't help but gawk and listen and by the time I figured out that I was to rescue them, a T came up and cut me up to ribbons :lol:

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
There are, however, a LOT of really really good players that many are quick to dismiss as hackers. You figure with the game being around for 5 years now that some people might get good at it.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Oh I agree. There are lots of good players.

But when in spectator mode I can see their movements/actions, very often I'll find that they'll be cheating. They'll see player movement through walls, for example. All headshots. Etc.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
yes... that endless argument. Well i've played cs since the first beta and it's no too hard to spot a cheater. However, the hacks are evolving and making it a lot harder than before to identify the cheaters... Hell some ppl just use bright red models (per say) and can kill quite efficiently w/o being noticed. Oh well, if I ban you and you cheat, you deserved it; and if I ban but you're "just good" consider it an omen to get a life.

Anyone else notice that games are at their peak when everyone's still learning/not a pro at them?

uther

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
That's because when everyone is a pro and the newbies come in it sucks for them. They can never get any better because they never last long enough to learn anything. Since this is somewhat of a bi*%h session, who were the boneheads that came up with the AGP? Gee, I've got an idea, let's give one team a weapon that will kill anyone with one shot, regardless of location......yea, that seems fair.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
awp d00d... awp...

I don't have a problem with the gun per se, but I hate how someone can be running around a corner with a pistol, then jump, whip out the arctic in mid air, land, and bulls eye the guy. Some good players can do it consistently, but I doubt anyone in real life could.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Be glad about that silverpig. Just imagine someone running down Wall Street and TACing people with a shoulder-mounted, TTLLOCKing 5.56mm AP, belt-fed auto-cannon w/ @least a 500-round backpack.

<font color=red> Die Menschheit ist gewohnt zu verhoehnen was sie nicht verstehen...<font color=red><b>GOETHE</b>
<font color=blue>People are wont to mock what they don't understand...<font color=blue><b>GOETHE</b>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
That's a cheat right there actually, awp is a slow gun to take aim- I see people w/ perfect accuracy when they run with awp, though in actually it's set to shoot randomly then. Same thing with the jumping, cs w/o hacks doesn't do that. Today I played in a serv where everyone was getting hs- quite obvious hacks, considering the guys' bullets from ak when they just sprayed hit the exact same spot.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti