Sign in with
Your question

What is my market value?

Tags:
  • Security
  • Business Computing
Last response: in Business Computing
September 28, 2012 6:58:40 PM

So next semester I will be graduating with my associates and I am starting to look at potential landing spots for when I graduate.

I am curious what the approximate market value of my skills is at. I know that there are a lot of variables at work like the cost of living, the demand in my area, my specific resume, etc. but I was hoping for a general estimate. Assume a fulltime yearly salary.

Here's the experience I would bring:

Associate in Applied Science in Computer Technology Information with a focus on Internet Security, Cyber Crime, and Computer Forensics
Network+, Security+, A+, and Linux+ certifications (Possibly CCNA as well)
4 years of entry level IT experience (mixture of phone, desktop, and enterprise support)

Thanks for any feedback.

More about : market

a b 8 Security
September 28, 2012 7:13:49 PM

salary.com
payscale.com
October 2, 2012 9:00:45 PM

Don't forget that your market value will vary on your market :)  You'll be worth a lot less in South-East Oklahoma than you would be in LA. It's always relative to cost of living and the like.
October 2, 2012 9:24:53 PM

In silicon valley/San Francisco area, I think it wouldn't be hard to find a position paying maybe in the 40-60k range. What degree you have helps when you're starting out but as you gain experience, it doesn't matter quite as much.
!