Slow Responding to commands

My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on one
user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok
3 answers Last reply
More about slow responding commands

    Hi,

    See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on
    > one
    > user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok

    There is nothing in the start up folder

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on
    > > one
    > > user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok

    Hi Jack,

    The profile may be corrupt. Probably the easiest way around this would be to
    create a new profile for that user, then copy the data from the old one into
    it.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    Note that one step not listed in the article is that after creating the
    destination profile you must log into it once first to create the necessary
    file structure before you do the copy procedure.

    --

    > There is nothing in the start up folder
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs
    >> > on
    >> > one
    >> > user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform
    >> > ok

Support Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP