Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Slow Responding to commands

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 7, 2005 5:51:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on one
user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 9:19:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BDDE5E29-9097-4A67-AD85-49E1B8AB3231@microsoft.com...
> My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on
> one
> user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok
August 8, 2005 7:41:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

There is nothing in the start up folder

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BDDE5E29-9097-4A67-AD85-49E1B8AB3231@microsoft.com...
> > My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs on
> > one
> > user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform ok
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 10:47:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Jack,

The profile may be corrupt. Probably the easiest way around this would be to
create a new profile for that user, then copy the data from the old one into
it.

How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

Note that one step not listed in the article is that after creating the
destination profile you must log into it once first to create the necessary
file structure before you do the copy procedure.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A609AB95-DAF3-4947-B26F-27D574C2CDC4@microsoft.com...
> There is nothing in the start up folder
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> See what's loading from the startup folder for that one user:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BDDE5E29-9097-4A67-AD85-49E1B8AB3231@microsoft.com...
>> > My pc is very slow to respond to prompts & commands, this only occurs
>> > on
>> > one
>> > user account when they are logged on, all other user accounts perform
>> > ok
>>
>>
>>
!