So I have a decent budget at work to get me a good laptop to replaced my aged desktop. I would like it to be somewhat portable as I do travel and my work (Finance) consists on heavy excel spreadsheets, tons of data modeling, SQL, etc... and the rest is day-to-day and Powerpoint.
1. What is your budget?
$2,500.. btu I dont have to spend it all.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I have two monitors. As for the laptop, 13-15 is the sweet spot.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not so important.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Mix of both... Id like to have a docking station, or atleast a couple outputs so I can have a second monitor (26 incher).
I love Windows 8, would like it to be touch. If I can live with something like the Asus Transformer X13 even better... To be honest Im between it, and the latest Sony T15. But Im also looking at the diferent HPs.
5. How much battery life do you need?
4-5 hours... whatever...
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Nope. I do stream my soccer games on it.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not that important.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Depreciated over three years... so atleast 3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
CD/DVD... but I can live with a external one.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like them all... have had good experiences with HP, Sony, Asus... not so good experiences with Dell, Lenovo in the past.
13. What country do you live in?
Sunny Miami Beach.