repair XP

Can I use my systems cd to do a repair on another system running the same
version of win xp home?
What about validation?
2 answers Last reply
More about repair

    Carol;
    Yes as long as the CDs provided with each system are identical.
    You can not use the Product Key from one system on the other system.
    Validation would not be a problem if the correct Product Key is used.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I use my systems cd to do a repair on another system running the same
    > version of win xp home?
    > What about validation?

    Hi,

    If they are both retail, or both generic OEM, or both the same Recovery
    media, then yes as long as you use the right product key. However, the media
    disks and product keys are not interchangeable, you must use the same type
    of installation media.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I use my systems cd to do a repair on another system running the same
    > version of win xp home?
    > What about validation?

Microsoft Support Windows XP CD-Rom Systems