Windows 8 64
• 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor (2.4GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
• NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory (damn, compared to samsung)
• 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
• Microsoft Office Trial
• No additional security software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• Backlit Keyboard
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- up to 6 hours batter life (ouch compares to 9.2 from the samsung)
- beats with sub
it's lightness, reliable brand, and longer battery life vs seemingly better graphics, unknown if reliable brand, and cheaper price pretty much.
it will be used for moderate-heavy gaming (from lol to skyrim/bf/cod), music, and school work. i'm sure this will be good enough, i'm leaning towards the samsung but then again i like the hp a lot too.
I'd go with HP.
higher resolution is always useful, better graphics, more ram and faster cpu...
and btw - games drain your battery very fast, so you'll be always plugged in. for music and school work the 6 hours are good enough...