1. What is your budget? Probably not more that $1000.
Less than that is good. It’s possible to go over that if necessary/worth it, but a good idea not to.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Mostly not relevant. I need it for school, and portability is okay, and having it not be so big that it has heating issues is very okay, but it needs to be powerful enough to do creative graphical work.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I’d prefer 1920x1080, but that can be pricy, and is negotiable.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
See 2. I don’t expect to ever use it somewhere where I don’t’ have a power socket available, though.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Don’t need battery life. Will always have a plug.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Games are a plus, but not a priority. I have a computer at home for games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
This will primarily be used for graphical work, such as photoshop, maya, and level design programs like Unreal.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough to store lots of large files. So size is more important than speed. A tb should be sufficient,but less would be acceptable.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I’m open to any source.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years minimum, longer if I need to.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
No optical drive needs.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have no particular brand preference, although functionality is more important than bling.
13. What country do you live in?
United States of America.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Can’t think of anything that I didn’t cover above. I have a desktop at home that’s already sufficient for all of these tasks, although it’s a few years old and only has 6 gb memory, but I need something to take to school. I also want to know if you feel it's worth it to buy a warranty, and for how long. That adds to the price, which affects what I can afford.