Problems With Dell Truemobile wireless Router and 1300 Wir..

I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300 firmware
1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default configuration
for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170 using subnet
255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I don't remeber
password to access advanced settings for router. I believe in router
advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
\
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about problems dell truemobile wireless router 1300

    you will probably need to reset the router to factory default then read the
    instructions carefully so you can at least get a basic understanding of
    what the numbers in an IP address means.

    I always strongly suggest NOT using DHCP with a wireless router as you can
    choose the 10.X .X.X subnet rather than 192. By using a static address such
    as 10.45.34.23 for your router with a subnet mask of 255.255.255 a person
    would need to find what address your router was in order to use your
    network!
    Wayne

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300
    > firmware 1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
    > and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
    > notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
    > static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default
    > configuration for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170
    > using subnet 255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I
    > don't remeber password to access advanced settings for router. I believe
    > in router advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
    > \
    > Mike

    I know what the numbers mean but I need toget into the router's advanced
    settings to
    change them. Good point about using a differewnt subnet and different ip
    address series.

    Mike]
    '

    "wayne" <komon@dgdg.sss> wrote in message
    > you will probably need to reset the router to factory default then read
    > the instructions carefully so you can at least get a basic understanding
    > of what the numbers in an IP address means.
    >
    > I always strongly suggest NOT using DHCP with a wireless router as you can
    > choose the 10.X .X.X subnet rather than 192. By using a static address
    > such as 10.45.34.23 for your router with a subnet mask of 255.255.255 a
    > person would need to find what address your router was in order to use
    > your network!
    > Wayne
    >

    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm using a DSL connection to Dell Truemobile wireless router, 2300
    >> firmware 1/04 rj45 connection to XP Pro PC and
    >> and trying to make a wirelss connection to 1200 wireless nic in a W2K Pro
    >> notebook. ipconfig on xp pro pc connected to router w/ rj45 cable show a
    >> static ip address 192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0.default
    >> configuration for wireless notebook shows dhcp enabled 169.254.225.170
    >> using subnet 255.255.0.0. wep 13 characters is enabled on router. I
    >> don't remeber password to access advanced settings for router. I believe
    >> in router advanced settings I can set subnet and dhcp ip address.\
    >> \
    >> Mike

Dell Connection Computers