2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
standard 15.6inch, unless for some good reason i should go higher
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not sure, 13xx or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
3hr-ish, although these longer lasting ultra-books look interesting.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not rly, maybe a little minecraft, Ai War:Fleet Command, small indie games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
School, keeping work & documents, typing, programming, experimenting with software, browsing and reading the web frequently.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
200gb-ish or more?, id really like a ssd though for fast bootups, and transfers.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
unsure, hopefully for a couple years atleast.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
notsure, maybe a DVD ROM
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Well ive never had good experiences with dell...some brands i may like are acer b/c the "acer aspire v5" has my attention, and maybe Asus for no particular reason. Just want some good bang for the buck.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If there are some hot deals going on above my budget, i might consider purchasing it.
Id just like a good screen, nice keyboard (backlight would be a bonus), fairly large hdd, some ssd would be fantastic, and a system good at multitasking would also prove beneficial. Maybe a larger battery life would better.
p.s. new to these laptop touch screens, are there any cons to it? short lasting fragile screens, consuming power faster, bad pixilation/screen resolution/picture?