Cannot access certain sites like Google, Hotmail

I've been having this problem for 2 weeks already. I can't access
www.google.com or log into my hotmail on my laptop at home. The
operations timed out. All other computers have no problems, including
the desktop accessible the same router at home. Certain other random
sites are inaccessible too.

I tried pinging www.google.com (which resolves to www.l.google.com at
66.102.7.147) and it failed. Then I tried pinging google.com
(216.239.57.99), and it worked.

I've read that it could be the QHost trojan, but i ran Symantec's
cleaning tool and it said none detected. I've also scanned with Spybot,
Ad-aware, and AVG Anti-Virus, but all were ok. I have ZoneAlarm running
all the time.

It fails on both IE and firefox.

Any clues?
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot access sites google hotmail

    How to troubleshoot situations where you cannot complete MSN sign-up or connect to SSL secured :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444&Product=winxp

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson

    "hierro77" wrote:
    >I’ve been having this problem for 2 weeks already. I can’t
    >accesswww.google.com or log into my hotmail on my laptop at home. The
    >operations timed out. All other computers have no problems, including
    >the desktop accessible the same router at home. Certain other random
    >sites are inaccessible too.
    Greetings hierro77,
    Had the same problem with my Hotmail. Cause found to be the
    configuration of my firewall. Check and make sure you have given
    permission to Hotmail to access also be sure cookies are enabled on
    that computer. It is my understanding that Hotmail requires at least 3
    to 5 cookies to function.
    Best regards,
    ultra_classic

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-access-sites-Google-Hotmail-ftopict405905.html