Hard Drive Disappears

August 8, 2005 4:28:08 AM

I'm experiencing a wierd issue. After about 10 - 15 mins my slave hard
drive
just disappears and becomes unaccessible, I have tried different hard drives
as my slave drive (thinking maybe it's my hard drive) but no matter what
drive
I have as my slave drive - it just disappears. My bios picks up both drives
with no problem. My master drive and burner work just fine, this is only
affecting my slave drive, I'm baffled, anyone have any suggestions?

OS: Windows XP Pro

Thank you,
Dabus

More about : hard drive disappears

August 8, 2005 1:01:54 PM

Tried new ide cable?
Different ide slot if available?

"dabus" <dabus99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm experiencing a wierd issue. After about 10 - 15 mins my slave hard
> drive
> just disappears and becomes unaccessible, I have tried different hard
drives
> as my slave drive (thinking maybe it's my hard drive) but no matter what
> drive
> I have as my slave drive - it just disappears. My bios picks up both
drives
> with no problem. My master drive and burner work just fine, this is only
> affecting my slave drive, I'm baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
>
> OS: Windows XP Pro
>
> Thank you,
> Dabus

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:15:08 PM

Tried new IDE cable but never thought about a different slot.
Just thought it was wierd b/c my bios detects and has the correct
settings.

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> Tried new ide cable?
> Different ide slot if available?
>
> "dabus" <dabus99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm experiencing a wierd issue. After about 10 - 15 mins my slave hard
> > drive
> > just disappears and becomes unaccessible, I have tried different hard
> drives
> > as my slave drive (thinking maybe it's my hard drive) but no matter what
> > drive
> > I have as my slave drive - it just disappears. My bios picks up both
> drives
> > with no problem. My master drive and burner work just fine, this is
only
> > affecting my slave drive, I'm baffled, anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > OS: Windows XP Pro
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Dabus

August 10, 2005 12:46:58 AM