Autocomplete eMail Addresses in Outlook Express 6

August 8, 2005 9:03:24 PM

Does anyone know why the autocomplete function for email addresses in OE does NOT autocomplete in
alphabetical order?

e.g. I have Jenny, John and Jim...

Routinely if I type j, John would show up first (I've since changed the listed name to his nickname,
Max fixing that problem)
Now Jim shows up BEFORE Jenny, and it's Jenny that I write to more often than not!!
Any help is greatly appreciated, thankyaverymuch.
August 8, 2005 9:03:25 PM

Put an * , & or some other symbol or number before the name, it will turn up
before the letters,example;
#jenny
Jim, etc.
Jenny will appear first.

"Paul" <palomarsun(REMOVETHIS)[AT]hotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why the autocomplete function for email addresses in OE
> does NOT autocomplete in
> alphabetical order?
>
> e.g. I have Jenny, John and Jim...
>
> Routinely if I type j, John would show up first (I've since changed the
> listed name to his nickname,
> Max fixing that problem)
> Now Jim shows up BEFORE Jenny, and it's Jenny that I write to more often
> than not!!
> Any help is greatly appreciated, thankyaverymuch.

August 9, 2005 7:27:56 PM

thanks Jim, I thought of that already, but it doesn't answer my question i.e. WHY doesn't it sort
alphabetically?

!