Trying to learn how to burn cds & dvds

I have Windows XP. I have Dual Drives 48xCD-ROM Drive +16xDVD+/RW w/dbl write
capability. Do I need to save music or movies to my disk first .How do I burn
cds and dvds with these drives.
--
nursey44

You need 3rd party software to do this, such as "Nero 6 Ultra Edition" or
Roxio's Easy Media Creator. And yes, files are usually saved to hard disk
space first before being burned onto the CD or DVD medium. Since you have a
CD drive AND a DVD RW drive, you could use the CD drive as the source drive
and the DVD RW drive as the destination drive for making audio CDs.
However, for DVD copying or creating, you will have to use hard disk space.

"Juliet" <Juliet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP. I have Dual Drives 48xCD-ROM Drive +16xDVD+/RW w/dbl
>write
> capability. Do I need to save music or movies to my disk first .How do I
> burn
> cds and dvds with these drives.
> --
> nursey44