fresh xp install

Well I finally got stupid and reformatted my Dell Dimension 2350. I am a
newbie so be gentle! When I install Windows XP Pro the hardware drivers
cannot be found for the Ethernet, video etc. Is there a place I can download
these drivers or am I screwed as I did not make one of these infamous
recovery CD's. I guess I got a little hasty in my formatting. Help is
appreciated.

Rob

You got a drivers disk with your machine. It
is called "Resource CD. Any updates can then be
downloaded from Dell and/or the makers web sites.

"Pgatoo" <cohoon2@removeUknow.nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Well I finally got stupid and reformatted my Dell Dimension 2350. I am
> a newbie so be gentle! When I install Windows XP Pro the hardware
> drivers cannot be found for the Ethernet, video etc. Is there a place
> I can download these drivers or am I screwed as I did not make one of
> these infamous recovery CD's. I guess I got a little hasty in my
> formatting. Help is appreciated.
>
> Rob

"Pgatoo" <cohoon2@removeUknow.nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Well I finally got stupid and reformatted my Dell Dimension 2350. I am a
> newbie so be gentle! When I install Windows XP Pro the hardware drivers
> cannot be found for the Ethernet, video etc. Is there a place I can
> download these drivers or am I screwed as I did not make one of these
> infamous recovery CD's. I guess I got a little hasty in my formatting.
> Help is appreciated.
>
> Rob

You need to install the Intel Chipset driver utility first. It can be found
on your Dimension Resource CD or downloaded over at www.support.dell.com