Getting program to run first thing after boot?

martin

I have an appointment reminder that used to appear on the screen immediately
when the machine was started up. This was with previous computer running
under Win98. When I loaded it on my new computer with XP and the
compatibility set for 98 it doesn't come up immediately on boot but has to
be started from a shortcut on the desktop. I tried putting the shortcut in
the windows\startup file but that doesn't work.

Could someone tell me how to make it come up on boot? Thanks.

Glen

Any program put in the start up folder should start or at least give an
error msg. Check by trying to start the program from the shortcut that you
placed in the startup folder. It could be that your shortcut points to the
wrong file.

Glen

"Martin" <nfn04028@naples.net> wrote in message
>I have an appointment reminder that used to appear on the screen
>immediately when the machine was started up. This was with previous
>computer running under Win98. When I loaded it on my new computer with XP
>and the compatibility set for 98 it doesn't come up immediately on boot but
>has to be started from a shortcut on the desktop. I tried putting the
>shortcut in the windows\startup file but that doesn't work.
>
> Could someone tell me how to make it come up on boot? Thanks.

martin

That's what happened ;-(. Fixed it. Thanks

"Glen" <homer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any program put in the start up folder should start or at least give an
> error msg. Check by trying to start the program from the shortcut that you
> placed in the startup folder. It could be that your shortcut points to the
> wrong file.
>
> Glen
>

> "Martin" <nfn04028@naples.net> wrote in message
>>I have an appointment reminder that used to appear on the screen
>>immediately when the machine was started up. This was with previous
>>computer running under Win98. When I loaded it on my new computer with XP
>>and the compatibility set for 98 it doesn't come up immediately on boot
>>but
>>has to be started from a shortcut on the desktop. I tried putting the
>>shortcut in the windows\startup file but that doesn't work.
>>
>> Could someone tell me how to make it come up on boot? Thanks.

dl

perhaps you need to upgrade to one designed for winnt