Mavrick

Any body any idea how to share my windows and/or windows system directory in
xp. I have setup a share on my c: drive but it does not share the windows dir
but it does all the others on the c drive, I click on properties for the
windows dir and the share option is not avaliable.

--
Thanks Ian

When browsing to the machine in Start > run > \\machinename\c$

"Mavrick" wrote:

> Any body any idea how to share my windows and/or windows system directory in
> xp. I have setup a share on my c: drive but it does not share the windows dir
> but it does all the others on the c drive, I click on properties for the
> windows dir and the share option is not avaliable.
>

> --
> Thanks Ian

Gordon

"Mavrick" <Mavrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any body any idea how to share my windows and/or windows system
> directory in xp. I have setup a share on my c: drive but it does not
> share the windows dir but it does all the others on the c drive, I
> click on properties for the windows dir and the share option is not
> avaliable.

Why? You can't run windows programs from another machine. Unless you use
Remote Desktop or some other similar software. So WHY do you want to share
the "Windows" folder? You can't DO anything other than just look at it.

TRENDING THREADS