Using Windows XP Home on a PC, I added a 160 Gig external hard drive
when I started editing movies on my 20 G internal hard drive. When I
try to Move files from C: to F: (the new drive) to create some space
on C: , I get the message:

Cannot Create or Replace (file). Cannot find specified file

C: is NTFS, and F: is FAT32. Dunno if this makes a difference. The
files I'm trying to move are readily accessible in C:. They are
mostly .jpg and .psd files.

Also, when I try to save .avi files on F:, I get an I/O error message.

Suggestions?

--
Tony Cooper
Orlando FL

Gordon

"Tony Cooper" <tony_cooper213@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP Home on a PC, I added a 160 Gig external hard drive
> when I started editing movies on my 20 G internal hard drive. When I
> try to Move files from C: to F: (the new drive) to create some space
> on C: , I get the message:
>
> Cannot Create or Replace (file). Cannot find specified file
>
> C: is NTFS, and F: is FAT32. Dunno if this makes a difference. The
> files I'm trying to move are readily accessible in C:. They are
> mostly .jpg and .psd files.
>
> Also, when I try to save .avi files on F:, I get an I/O error message.
>
> Suggestions?

you have formatted the new drive? Can you access it in Windows Explorer and
does My Computer show the correct drive size?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:11:42 +0100, "Gordon"
<gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"Tony Cooper" <tony_cooper213@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Using Windows XP Home on a PC, I added a 160 Gig external hard drive
>> when I started editing movies on my 20 G internal hard drive. When I
>> try to Move files from C: to F: (the new drive) to create some space
>> on C: , I get the message:
>>
>> Cannot Create or Replace (file). Cannot find specified file
>>
>> C: is NTFS, and F: is FAT32. Dunno if this makes a difference. The
>> files I'm trying to move are readily accessible in C:. They are
>> mostly .jpg and .psd files.
>>
>> Also, when I try to save .avi files on F:, I get an I/O error message.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>
>you have formatted the new drive? Can you access it in Windows Explorer and
>does My Computer show the correct drive size?

The new disk is accessible and shows up in WE just as it should. I
did not format it. It's a plug-and-play Seagate external drive.

--
Tony Cooper
Orlando FL