Internet connection wizard!!! GRRRRR

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
how do i get this thing to stop? everytime someone logs onto a computer they have to go through the steps of setting up a new acct. when i set all these up, i copied the profile i was using to the default user acct like i was supposed to.... very very frustrating.

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
still happening...... does anyone know how to set up a computer and not have this happen?

From what i've heard acid is pretty hard to come by these days. To do something as mind bending as acid I would really have to work my way up with mushrooms first.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you have to go through it once, it takes 5 clicks to get though, thats it. no biggy.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
its quite a pain though. we have 800 users here. is it per user or per machine?

From what i've heard acid is pretty hard to come by these days. To do something as mind bending as acid I would really have to work my way up with mushrooms first.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
800 users on one machine??? lol.

<""is it per user or per machine?"">

- if there is only one user, then it is per machine, if it is more than one user then it is per user.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
actually, i wouldnt mind that. it would certainly make my job easier! i work at a school, we have ~300 machines and 800 users. but like i said, everytime someone logs on and tries to access the internet, they have to run through that damn wizard. i copied the local admin profile over to the default user profile. but i had accessed the internet before i did it. should i setup a domain acct and copy that over instead? is that the problem?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the domain is a good idea, but it is not always work the way we want it to, caz most of these settings are on the machine itself and not at domain. Plus if you will keep all of 800 users profiles on one domain, it will eat up yer HD space prittee quik (most of what I said based on my state of mind at this time and will not rerpesent the same tomorrow ;)

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the easiestest way of making yer life easier is to write setup steps down (click, select, click, finish), print it on the small paper and GLUE it to the monitors. that will keep you lots of free time on yer hands.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
hmmm... i guess i'll have to do that. i just dont understand why the other systems ive set up dont have this problem.

Too much agreement is like too many fat guys in a hottub; it's still relaxing, but you end up with some nasty broth.