WTB: Namco Classic Collection 1 & 2 JAMMA Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking specifically for vol1 but would possibly be interested in vol2
as well.. especially as a package deal. Email prices. Payment via
PayPal only.

kinetic53 at hotmail dot com

Thanks, Ryan

Non-working but complete boards are OK (maybe even preferred) as long
as the price reflects it.

ive got a vol 1 that used to work

also had a vol 2 that used to work but sold it on ebay

Hello All,
I have A volume 1,How much are they going for nowadays?
THE GAME WORKS
c/oBrian Houck
Phone 1-541-883-2761
or
E-mail thegameworks@yahoo.com

Darin at Phoenix Arcade was nice enough to sell me his non-working vol1
board. Anybody have a vol2 board they want to sell?

I think they are the same board, just burn new chips.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote:
> Darin at Phoenix Arcade was nice enough to sell me his non-working vol1
> board. Anybody have a vol2 board they want to sell?

I think I am going to use them as part of a MultiJAMMA setup in a 1943
cab (with original game board still installed of course). Kind of my
'classics I dont have room for" sleeper cab.

Now that we are in a more technical vein I do have a question. My 1943
cab has a resolution of 224x256. I believe the Namco games are going
to be formatted at a more standard resolution of 224x288. Do you think
this will pose a problem or will the monitor adjust accordingly?

Scott Caldwell wrote:
> Not true, the boards aren't the same and can't just be
> converted with a ROM swap.
>
> http://roger.trideja.com/arcade/ncv2.html
>
> mikesarcade@comcast.net wrote:
> > I think they are the same board, just burn new chips.
> >

> > Mike Fox
> > Algonquin, IL
> >

> > kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> >>Darin at Phoenix Arcade was nice enough to sell me his non-working vol1
> >>board. Anybody have a vol2 board they want to sell?

Not true, the boards aren't the same and can't just be
converted with a ROM swap.

http://roger.trideja.com/arcade/ncv2.html

mikesarcade@comcast.net wrote:
> I think they are the same board, just burn new chips.
>

> Mike Fox
> Algonquin, IL
>

> kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Darin at Phoenix Arcade was nice enough to sell me his non-working vol1
>>board. Anybody have a vol2 board they want to sell?

Unless I missed something here and you're not using
a standard resolution video game monitor, like a
G07, WG4600, WG4900, Matsushita 201 or 202, etc.,
then it shouldn't matter. 1943, as well as both
Namco Classic Volumes, uses a standard resolution
monitor (my Vol. 2 is driving a WG4900 right now
and both have been on my standard res test bench).

Scott C.

kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote:
> Now that we are in a more technical vein I do have a question. My 1943
> cab has a resolution of 224x256. I believe the Namco games are going
> to be formatted at a more standard resolution of 224x288. Do you think
> this will pose a problem or will the monitor adjust accordingly?
>
> Scott Caldwell wrote:
>
>>Not true, the boards aren't the same and can't just be
>>converted with a ROM swap.
>>
>>http://roger.trideja.com/arcade/ncv2.html
>>
>>mikesarcade@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>>I think they are the same board, just burn new chips.
>>>

>>>Mike Fox
>>>Algonquin, IL

It is definitely a standard res monitor. I think it's a G07. The
problem I can foresee is that that the monitor is 'tweaked' to make
1943 stretch across the entire screen. If I then switch on the fly to
Galaga will it be cut off at the top and the bottom because Galaga runs
at a slightly higher resolution than 1943?

Also.. it turns out that Darin at Phoenix Arcade has a vol2 board that
he is selling me which means that I am still in the market for a vol1
board. LMK via email if you have one you want to sell.

Ryan