Ryan

When my computer is shutting down, a window comes up saying that it is trying
to close program DFG. Does anyone know what program DFG is?

Ryan, you may have Clear Page File at Shutdown set to "Yes" which is
value 1

Clear the Page File at System Shutdown
Your pagefile basically caches all of the stuff that you have run recently.
If you've been running some things that you don't want in that cached copy
then you'll want to clear that pagefile.

The other big use for this is something sometimes referred to as
"defragging" your pagefile. By deleting all of the old contents when you
restart windows all of your pagefile will be recreated. If you're like most
of us around here and very rarely reboot then turning this on will probably
help your performance out a bit. This will make your shutdown process take
longer since it is often times over 1Gb of data.

Go to Start>Run type: regedit & click Ok. Navigate to
the key below. Change value to = 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory
Management]
"ClearPageFileAtShutdown"="1"