wireless bridges that support more than one device using a..

I have an 802.11b wireless router.

I am looking to connect three ethernet devices to my network using one
wireless bridge and a switch.

<ascii art>
+--device1
wireless air wireless |
router ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ bridge ---switch---+--device2
air |
+--device3
</ascii art>

From what I've read, some devices on the market support this, some do
not.

Can anyone tell me from first hand experience which brands/models will
work and which will not?

Krick
5 answers Last reply
More about wireless bridges support device

    In article <141d3796.0405190943.77c55ca7@posting.google.com>,
    Krick <krick@my-deja.com> wrote:
    :I have an 802.11b wireless router.

    :I am looking to connect three ethernet devices to my network using one
    :wireless bridge and a switch.

    :From what I've read, some devices on the market support this, some do
    :not.

    :Can anyone tell me from first hand experience which brands/models will
    :work and which will not?

    The Linksys WET11 is one device that would work in that situation,
    at least to some of the Linksys wireless routers. I have a
    similar setup to a BEFW11S4.
    --
    Cannot open .signature: Permission denied

    krick@my-deja.com (Krick) wrote in message news:<141d3796.0405190943.77c55ca7@posting.google.com>...
    > I have an 802.11b wireless router.
    >
    > I am looking to connect three ethernet devices to my network using one
    > wireless bridge and a switch.
    >
    > <ascii art>
    > +--device1
    > wireless air wireless |
    > router ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ bridge ---switch---+--device2
    > air |
    > +--device3

    I have a setup like this with a Dlink 810+ wireless bridge, I connect
    it to the uplink on just a regular network hub. Just a word of
    caution, the dlink stuff likes comunicating mainly with other Dlink
    equipment

    pdj@uniserve.com (Paul James) wrote in message news:<94cef63c.0405192237.5376e3ce@posting.google.com>...
    > krick@my-deja.com (Krick) wrote in message news:<141d3796.0405190943.77c55ca7@posting.google.com>...
    > > I have an 802.11b wireless router.
    > >
    > > I am looking to connect three ethernet devices to my network using one
    > > wireless bridge and a switch.
    > >
    > > <ascii art>
    > > +--device1
    > > wireless air wireless |
    > > router ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ bridge ---switch---+--device2
    > > air |
    > > +--device3
    > >
    > > </ascii art>
    >
    > I have a setup like this with a Dlink 810+ wireless bridge, I connect
    > it to the uplink on just a regular network hub. Just a word of
    > caution, the dlink stuff likes comunicating mainly with other Dlink
    > equipment

    I have a D-Link DI-713P wireless router.

    I'm curious about your experience with the Dlink DWL-810+. I've seen
    more than one post from people who claim that that model specifically
    does NOT work when connected to a switch. What brand(s) and model(s)
    of wireless router and switch are you using?

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:37:04 -0700, Paul James wrote
    (in article <94cef63c.0405192237.5376e3ce@posting.google.com>):

    > Just a word of
    > caution, the dlink stuff likes comunicating mainly with other Dlink
    > equipment

    The Bridging aspect of the 802.11 spec has not been finalized. Therefore,
    these bridge devices can only "talk" to other devices that use the same
    protocol. That would have to be same-brand devices.

    There may be devices that can bridge between manufacturers, but I wouldn't
    count on it.

    Good luck,
    --
    DaveC
    me@privacy.net

    http://www.interepoch.com.tw Look at the 1100 I have them forsale at $118.
    l@viperwireless.com

Wireless Wireless Router Devices Wireless Networking