Laptop / Projector toggle issue

I am running PPT 2003 ... I am experiencing my laptop - - indepentent of a
command from me - toggling from a "laptop + projector" mode to a "projector
only" mode, during a presentation (after several hours).

All my power settings are set to "never" and my screensaver is turned off. I
did notice that my monitor settings were set for the projector being the
primary and my laptop as secondary. Could this be the problem? Help!

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:58:01 -0700, AV Guy wrote:

> I am running PPT 2003 ... I am experiencing my laptop - - indepentent of a
> command from me - toggling from a "laptop + projector" mode to a "projector
> only" mode, during a presentation (after several hours).
>
> All my power settings are set to "never" and my screensaver is turned off. I
> did notice that my monitor settings were set for the projector being the
> primary and my laptop as secondary. Could this be the problem? Help!

What are you using for power when this happens? If running off of battery,
it's possible low battery settings are a consideration.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I'm running off of AC .... not batteries.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:54:02 -0700, AV Guy wrote:

> I'm running off of AC .... not batteries.
>
> "Sharon F" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:58:01 -0700, AV Guy wrote:
>>
>>> I am running PPT 2003 ... I am experiencing my laptop - - indepentent of a
>>> command from me - toggling from a "laptop + projector" mode to a "projector
>>> only" mode, during a presentation (after several hours).
>>>
>>> All my power settings are set to "never" and my screensaver is turned off. I
>>> did notice that my monitor settings were set for the projector being the
>>> primary and my laptop as secondary. Could this be the problem? Help!
>>
>> What are you using for power when this happens? If running off of battery,
>> it's possible low battery settings are a consideration.

Okay, so you're not getting dumped due to low battery settings. That leaves
2 possibilities - a driver issue or a hardware issue.

Driver issue: Check for driver updates at the laptop manufacturer's
website. With laptops, you want to stick to drivers maintained by the
laptop manufacturers since these are often optimized specifically for your
hardware.

Hardware issue: A loose or damaged cable or something not functioning
correctly within the laptop. If the cable and ports are in good condition,
then suggest contacting support for the laptop. If not already aware of a
display issue, they need to be informed so that a solution can be reached.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks for the clues ... since you mentioned the power issue, I am wondering
if the AC in the ballroom I was working in was "dirty". I remember the lights
flickering every time the air conditioner kicked in .... I will look into
your suggestions as well.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:07:02 -0700, AV Guy wrote:

> Thanks for the clues ... since you mentioned the power issue, I am wondering
> if the AC in the ballroom I was working in was "dirty". I remember the lights
> flickering every time the air conditioner kicked in .... I will look into
> your suggestions as well.

You're welcome and good luck
--
Sharon F