Hardware Radio is Disabled?

August 8, 2005 9:08:02 PM

I am currently trying to set up my 802.11b/g WLAN card as we speak, and I
can't seem to find a signal. I'm getting an error message that says "The
radio on your 802.11b/g adapter is not turned on. To turn it one, go to the
hardware radio control to switch it on or off."

Any idea what this means? Or where to find this hardware radio control?
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:55:42 PM

It's in the applet for your wireless card. Open your wireless card's applet
by clicking on the icon down there on the task bar.

"Jbeese" <Jbeese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently trying to set up my 802.11b/g WLAN card as we speak, and I
> can't seem to find a signal. I'm getting an error message that says "The
> radio on your 802.11b/g adapter is not turned on. To turn it one, go to
> the
> hardware radio control to switch it on or off."
>
> Any idea what this means? Or where to find this hardware radio control?
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:13:04 PM

Well, I tried that before I posted this. The Broadcom applet says that my
radio is enabled on the "Wireless Links" tab, but on the "Link Status" tab,
it says the radio is disabled, and there's no signal emmiting from my
comptuer.
!