help needed outlook express

For whatever reason my outlook express will not let me delete old e-mail.
Just started this afternoon. Any advise?
1 answer Last reply
More about help needed outlook express

    "jack" <jack2298@charter.net> wrote in message
    > For whatever reason my outlook express will not let me delete old
    > e-mail. Just started this afternoon. Any advise?

    You probably have a corrupted Deleted Items folder. Go to
    Tools-Options-Maintenanve and click on Store Folder. Select the link in the
    box and click on "Copy".
    Close OE.

    Open Windows Explorer and in the address bar, click paste and you should be
    directed to your store folder. Delete the file called "Deleted Items.dbx".
    Re-open OE. The file will be rebuilt.
    See if that helps

Outlook Express Support Email Microsoft Windows XP