MSHearts.exe

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Is the subject game available anywhere?
Mine has been corrupted.

Lou
5 answers Last reply
More about mshearts
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    First of all, MSHearts is not freeware, so it is actually off topic inthis
    group. How strange it might sound the right group for this kind of question
    are groups aubout the operation system you are using.

    But well, I don;t want to be a spoil-sport so here is an answer

    Hearts uses both mshearts.exe and the cards.dll

    Any windows 98, XP, Millenium cd would do (and if you are not looking for a
    net work version, a windows 2000 cd will do too). On older system you might
    need a compression tool capable of expanding cab files.
    You might need the expant.exe command if the files are saves ad mshearts.ex_
    and cards.dl_ (also see
    http://www.vandekamer.com/bootdisk/bootdisk_netwerk.asp) or a cab file tool
    allowing you to extract single items from CAB files
    (http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/SysTools/cabfile.htm)

    If you are looking to install a network mshearts version on windows 2000:
    To bad, this will not work. (To play MS-hearts on the netwerk, the program
    must be allowed to create a hidden share (for the duration of the program)
    Windows 2000 does not allow the program to do this.

    And if you can't win:
    http://www.mdgx.com/egg.htm#HEART

    But try to play nice....

    --

    http://www.it-hulp.nl/
    http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

    gmx.net is the mailserver of mightykitten
    start subject with *ping* or the antispam monster will eat it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    MightyKitten wrote:
    > First of all, MSHearts is not freeware, so it is actually off topic inthis
    > group. How strange it might sound the right group for this kind of question
    > are groups aubout the operation system you are using.
    >
    > But well, I don;t want to be a spoil-sport so here is an answer
    >
    > Hearts uses both mshearts.exe and the cards.dll
    >
    > Any windows 98, XP, Millenium cd would do (and if you are not looking for a
    > net work version, a windows 2000 cd will do too). On older system you might
    > need a compression tool capable of expanding cab files.
    > You might need the expant.exe command if the files are saves ad mshearts.ex_
    > and cards.dl_ (also see
    > http://www.vandekamer.com/bootdisk/bootdisk_netwerk.asp) or a cab file tool
    > allowing you to extract single items from CAB files
    > (http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/SysTools/cabfile.htm)

    Do you have a URL for that site in english? I didn't see a way to select english
    for the language.

    Mike Sa
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    "ms" <ms@nospa.com> wrote in message news:2r16qmF150tqbU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > MightyKitten wrote:
    > > First of all, MSHearts is not freeware, so it is actually off topic
    inthis
    > > group. How strange it might sound the right group for this kind of
    question
    > > are groups aubout the operation system you are using.
    > >
    > > But well, I don;t want to be a spoil-sport so here is an answer
    > >
    > > Hearts uses both mshearts.exe and the cards.dll
    > >
    > > Any windows 98, XP, Millenium cd would do (and if you are not looking
    for a
    > > net work version, a windows 2000 cd will do too). On older system you
    might
    > > need a compression tool capable of expanding cab files.
    > > You might need the expant.exe command if the files are saves ad
    mshearts.ex_
    > > and cards.dl_ (also see
    > > http://www.vandekamer.com/bootdisk/bootdisk_netwerk.asp) or a cab file
    tool
    > > allowing you to extract single items from CAB files
    > > (http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/SysTools/cabfile.htm)
    >
    > Do you have a URL for that site in english? I didn't see a way to select
    english
    > for the language.
    >
    > Mike Sa

    Throw the URL into Babel Fish.
    http://world.altavista.com/

    Select Dutch to English translation for that page.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    ms wrote:
    > MightyKitten wrote:
    >
    >> First of all, MSHearts is not freeware, so it is actually off topic
    >> inthis
    >> group. How strange it might sound the right group for this kind of
    >> question
    >> are groups aubout the operation system you are using.
    >>
    >> But well, I don;t want to be a spoil-sport so here is an answer
    >>
    >> Hearts uses both mshearts.exe and the cards.dll
    >>
    >> Any windows 98, XP, Millenium cd would do (and if you are not looking
    >> for a
    >> net work version, a windows 2000 cd will do too). On older system you
    >> might
    >> need a compression tool capable of expanding cab files.
    >> You might need the expant.exe command if the files are saves ad
    >> mshearts.ex_
    >> and cards.dl_ (also see
    >> http://www.vandekamer.com/bootdisk/bootdisk_netwerk.asp) or a cab file
    >> tool
    >> allowing you to extract single items from CAB files
    >> (http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/SysTools/cabfile.htm)
    >

    > Do you have a URL for that site in english? I didn't see a way to select
    > english for the language.
    >
    > Mike Sa
    Thanks to all, Babelfish worked, tip on using Cabview to find files.

    Mike Sa
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    "ms" <ms@nospa.com> schreef in bericht
    > MightyKitten wrote:
    >> First of all, MSHearts is not freeware, so it is actually off topic
    >> inthis group. How strange it might sound the right group for this
    >> kind of question are groups aubout the operation system you are
    >> using.
    >>
    >> But well, I don;t want to be a spoil-sport so here is an answer
    >>
    >> Hearts uses both mshearts.exe and the cards.dll
    >>
    >> Any windows 98, XP, Millenium cd would do (and if you are not
    >> looking for a net work version, a windows 2000 cd will do too). On
    >> older system you might need a compression tool capable of expanding
    >> cab files.
    >> You might need the expant.exe command if the files are saves ad
    >> mshearts.ex_ and cards.dl_ (also see
    >> http://www.vandekamer.com/bootdisk/bootdisk_netwerk.asp) or a cab
    >> file tool allowing you to extract single items from CAB files
    >> (http://home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/DoWin/SysTools/cabfile.htm)
    >
    > Do you have a URL for that site in english? I didn't see a way to
    > select english for the language.
    >
    > Mike Sa

    Oops, sorry, there isn't... I didn't notice it was in dutch (my native
    language, you know...)

    --

    http://www.it-hulp.nl/
    http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

    gmx.net is the mailserver of mightykitten
    start subject with *ping* or the antispam monster will eat it.

Freeware Games Video Games