Is this worth it ???

G

A friend is selling a ati radeon 32mb ddr vid card for cheap.. I already have a geforce2mx 32mb. Would the ati be faster than the gf2 mx or should i not bother?

system is a celeron 600@1020 mhz abit be6-2 mobo 128 mb pc133 etc..

G

how cheap is cheap? you might as well stick to what you have. nvidia drivers are much better. the big disappointment i have with radeons are the little glitches and dots that appear on some games. it annoys the heck out of me. if you can live with that, go for it. probably a better idea to take a bigger leap when you upgrade.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
The ATI will give a you a better performance and perhaps quality, but I don't think it will be great enough to justify any price you would be paying. Also, if you're using Windows 2k, I'd say stick with your card.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday

G

Hey man if your friend is selling cheap then would you be willing to sell the other card to me... i'm in dire need... well seriously whatever your choice i will take the other off your hands for a fair price... think about it....

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!