Reinstall a users welcome screen icon

I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the "run/control
userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user already
exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
WinXP Home
--
Thanks
8 answers Last reply

    Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP Home
    Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see if
    that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create one
    in the same name if you want.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
    > user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
    > welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
    > "run/control
    > userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
    > already
    > exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
    > WinXP Home
    > --
    > Thanks

    Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the control
    panel/users...

    --
    Thanks

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP Home
    > Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see if
    > that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create one
    > in the same name if you want.
    >

    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
    > > user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
    > > welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
    > > "run/control
    > > userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
    > > already
    > > exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
    > > WinXP Home
    > > --
    > > Thanks

    Use the NET /? command-line

    --

    > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
    > control
    > panel/users...
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
    >> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
    >> if
    >> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
    >> one
    >> in the same name if you want.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges
    >> >to a
    >> > user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from
    >> > the
    >> > welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
    >> > "run/control
    >> > userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
    >> > already
    >> > exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
    >> > WinXP Home
    >> > --
    >> > Thanks

    system restore worked,,,,Thanks

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Use the NET /? command-line
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
    > > control
    > > panel/users...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
    > >> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
    > >> if
    > >> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
    > >> one
    > >> in the same name if you want.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Use the NET /? command-line
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
    > > control
    > > panel/users...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
    > >> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
    > >> if
    > >> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
    > >> one
    > >> in the same name if you want.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Type cmd /k net /? in Run.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "how do you use the net/? command line?" <how do you use the net/? command
    line?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Use the NET /? command-line
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
    >> > control
    >> > panel/users...
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Thanks

    FYI: here's some add'l instructions i found on the web bc i'm not familiar w/
    cmd prompts anymore - use @ your own risk

    start
    run
    type "cmd /k net /?" in run