Reinstall a users welcome screen icon

August 9, 2005 3:01:02 AM

I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the "run/control
userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user already
exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
WinXP Home
--
Thanks
Anonymous

Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP Home
Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see if
that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create one
in the same name if you want.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
> user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
> welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
> "run/control
> userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
> already
> exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
> WinXP Home
> --
> Thanks
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:16:02 PM

Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the control
panel/users...

--
Thanks

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP Home
> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see if
> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create one
> in the same name if you want.
>

> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges to a
> > user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from the
> > welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
> > "run/control
> > userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
> > already
> > exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
> > WinXP Home
> > --
> > Thanks

August 9, 2005 4:34:48 PM

Use the NET /? command-line

--

> Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
> control
> panel/users...
>
> --
> Thanks
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
>> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
>> if
>> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
>> one
>> in the same name if you want.
>>

>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was in "run/control userpasswords2" trying to give admin priviliges
>> >to a
>> > user account and when I came out I somehow deleted the users icon from
>> > the
>> > welcome screen. When Itry to add user back in (through both the
>> > "run/control
>> > userpasswords2" and "Control/users" I get the message that the user
>> > already
>> > exists. How can I ge the user icon back on the welcome screen?
>> > WinXP Home
>> > --
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:34:49 PM

system restore worked,,,,Thanks

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Use the NET /? command-line
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
> > control
> > panel/users...
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
> >> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
> >> if
> >> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
> >> one
> >> in the same name if you want.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 5:08:10 PM

You're welcome.

--

> system restore worked,,,,Thanks
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Use the NET /? command-line
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
>> > control
>> > panel/users...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 8:48:02 AM

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Use the NET /? command-line
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
> > control
> > panel/users...
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Using the "control userpasswords2" Group Membership tab in Windows XP
> >> Edition is not recommended. You may try a System Restore rollback to see
> >> if
> >> that helps. If that does not help, delete the user account and re-create
> >> one
> >> in the same name if you want.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 10:35:06 PM

Type cmd /k net /? in Run.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"how do you use the net/? command line?" <how do you use the net/? command
line?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Use the NET /? command-line
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "HowCome" <HowCome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Where and how do I delet the user account? It does not show up in the
>> > control
>> > panel/users...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 10:35:07 PM

FYI: here's some add'l instructions i found on the web bc i'm not familiar w/
cmd prompts anymore - use @ your own risk

start
run
type "cmd /k net /?" in run