Missing windows files maybe? no commands in cmd work?

Adam

none of the commands i use in command prompt work and i get this wierd error
when i play one of my games (counter strike) saying that there is something
wrong with my half life launcher when there isnt. the game works fine but as
soon as i close the error the game closes. but more importantly ive been told
that i have system files missing? if this is the case how do i get them back?
--
ummm yea....

Hi

If you think that some system files could be missing, try running the
following command from Start>Run:

sfc /scannow

You may need to have your XP CD to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User