WIN XP Pro CD wont run+Very slow BootUp

My computer has suddenly become extremely slow to start up. I thought I
would reinstall windows over the top of the existing system which often
cures a lot of problems but the WIN XP PRO cd wont run it gets as far as the
blue Windows Setup screen and then stops.

Can you advise me what to do please.

all drives have passed tests and have been checked.

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

-Back up any data you require which may be lost if you wipe the hard drive
which I would recommend, read on..

-Do you have the drivers for your machine, before you wipe your machine
download all the drivers for your machine and burn it to cd.

-Do you have a plain windows xp cd? or do you have the orginal factory
recovery cd's which ship with the machine, if you have the later its better
it brings the machine all back perfect.

-You have done the correct procedure you have booted off your cd, it should
complete and allow you to wipe your current drive and reload windows xp a
fresh, it should not be hanging.. it should not be hanging are you sure its
booting from the cd or not the hard drive, does the hard drive hang. make
sure you are booting from the cd, its impossible to hang from the cd, if it
is hanging from the cd, remove any unnecessary or added hardware, do you have
extra equipment not as it was when it was new to you..

post back how you are getting on.

nig