monitor on standby problem on video card install ?

hi ive just installed a radeon 9200 on my p4 but when the monitor is plugged
in to it there is no signal the pc boots and you can hear it running but the
monitor stays blank is there any settings i may need to change for this in
bios or device mgr i also dxdiag this doesent see it either pls help
--
ta

I assume that you can connect another monitor OK which proves that the
graphics card is OK.

I also assume that your new monitor is connected OK (you wouldn't be the
first to fall foul of that one) and that the power light is on.

You could try looking at the tech details that came with the monitor and
check that the refresh rate is set OK.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"trigg" <trigg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi ive just installed a radeon 9200 on my p4 but when the monitor is
> plugged
> in to it there is no signal the pc boots and you can hear it running but
> the
> monitor stays blank is there any settings i may need to change for this in
> bios or device mgr i also dxdiag this doesent see it either pls help
> --
> ta

dl

The monitor worked previously?
You installed the new card and drivers supplied with the card as per radeon
instructions?
Your previous vid, was it onboard the mobo, and requires disabling in order
for new card to work?
See mobo.manual or web site

"trigg" <trigg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi ive just installed a radeon 9200 on my p4 but when the monitor is
plugged
> in to it there is no signal the pc boots and you can hear it running but
the
> monitor stays blank is there any settings i may need to change for this in
> bios or device mgr i also dxdiag this doesent see it either pls help
> --
> ta

my old vid card was on board so i will have to disable it first what settings
in bios do i need to disable ta
--
ta

"DL" wrote:

> The monitor worked previously?
> You installed the new card and drivers supplied with the card as per radeon
> instructions?
> Your previous vid, was it onboard the mobo, and requires disabling in order
> for new card to work?
> See mobo.manual or web site
>
> "trigg" <trigg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi ive just installed a radeon 9200 on my p4 but when the monitor is
> plugged
> > in to it there is no signal the pc boots and you can hear it running but
> the
> > monitor stays blank is there any settings i may need to change for this in
> > bios or device mgr i also dxdiag this doesent see it either pls help
> > --
> > ta

dl

You'll have to refer to your mobo manual, or their web site