Sign in with
Your question

I want to make android app

Last response: in Windows 7
July 18, 2010 6:22:46 AM

Hi guys, I want to make an app for mobile phones.

I know nothing about programming or anything but I have a lot of spare time and I am willing to invest. I searched google a bit but I kept finding articles linking to quick app template builder apps. I want to build it myself, not press buttons and see a picture of my dog scrolling up and down on screen.

Here are my questions:

1. What codes allow for programming on what mobile operating system?

2. What is required to code for android?

3. For a beginner, which do you recommend?

4. Anything else I need to know.

More about : make android app

July 18, 2010 5:17:58 PM

Google

Andriod SDK

to get started. You will see a link to the SDK as well as to the developer site which you need to check out. Read the quick start on the SDK page to get started.
m
l
July 18, 2010 5:20:16 PM

By the way the quick app builder is suppose to make it easy, kinda like Visual Basic does for Windows programs. After you learn how to use the SDK, you may still want to keep in mind the quick app builder to save on time :D 
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2010 5:23:33 PM

^+1. Also, read the many tutorials found on line for both Java and Android. Android VM is based off of Java and the syntax is the same, however, there are differences between normal java and the Android implementation of Java.

Also, droiddraw (Google and DL it) will be quite helpful in generating the XML layout needed.
m
l
January 31, 2012 4:03:06 PM

Hi, solidstategamer,
Here you can find answers to all your questions.

m
l
!