1. What is your budget?
More or less $2000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Well, I don't really care how heavy it is and I'll mostly be near an outlet wherever I go.
5. How much battery life do you need?
From what I've seen 2-3h is about max for a higher end laptop.. so I guess that'll have to do.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? High! Skyrim, BF3, Etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Pr0n... No, I really just play game and I'll be using microsoft applications... Nothing too fancy yet...
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like to have a 750gb and then like a 128 ssd for my OS and games.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I've really been looking at the m17x from Dell. I got a quote, but it's still $2.4k... I was hoping to see if I could get something a little cheaper. If it's a pre-built, I'd probably like to buy it from newegg... love newegg.. but I'll be new to the gaming laptop scene...
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Well, I'd it to last me forever, but, like that's gonna happen. Just as long as possible I suppose.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Meh... Who uses bluray??
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've heard many bad and good things about lots of different brands and models... I'm just hoping I can find the best for the cheapest!
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I really just need a "gaming" laptop to play in-between my classes... Portability is not an issue.. I'll heave a 20lb laptop around all day if I have to...
Cost wise for a 17", a Sager np9170 with 680m will be the best option. Not sure on exact cost, but the 15" with 680m and all the awesome upgrades (np9150 special edition)like thermal paste and such is on sale for $1650 right now.
Also, for playing BF3 on high+ settings, i wouldn't get any less than a 680m. But why do you honestly need to play such intensive games on the go?
Well, look at my above post. Sager np9150 Special edition for $1650. You won't find a cheaper laptop that has better specs. The only comparable ones are the MSI GT-60 ONE for like $1900 and Alienware for over $2000.
Also, if you want a SSD, ditch the 750GB hard drive and select the 256GB Crucial M4. Its an awesome SSD and you wont find a better deal than $165 on it. If you need more space later on, install a regular HDD into the mSata port on your own or use an external HD. However, I have a laptop with a 256GB SSD and it still has 180GB free.
Yeah, well my first SSD i bought was a 128 GB Samsung 830 series which I installed in my desktop. I have quite a few games on it (BF3, SC2, Dishonored, League of Legends, Borderlands2) all of which are like 10-20GB in size. I still have 30GB free space, but also keep in mind you want a minimum of 10% free space, which is about 12-13 gigs on a 128GB SSD, so I more realistically have about 15 gigs left. But in my desktop I also have a 1TB 7200RPM drive that i have all my other files on like movies, pics, random downloads, etc.