Remove: Adware-ClickSpring ?

How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not delete
or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve
--
Thanks
3 answers Last reply

    "Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not
    > delete
    > or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve
    > --
    > Thanks

    It is spyware called Purity Scan. If you are infected you most likely have
    other spyware on your system as well. Check the following links for
    information on spyware and programs to remove it.

    http://www.aumha.org/secure.htm

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywareremove.mspx

    Kerry

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it.

    HijackThis

    Litespeed wrote:
    > How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not delete
    > or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve

    To deal with issues caused by any sort of "adware" and/or
    "spyware," such as Gator, Comet Cursors, Smiley Central, Xupiter, Bonzai
    Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately (but
    without understanding the consequences) installed, two products that
    are quite effective (at finding and removing this type of scumware) are
    Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & Destroy from
    www.safer-networking.org/. Both have free versions. It's even possible
    to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your system against most
    future intrusions. I use both and generally perform manual scans every
    week or so to clean out cookies, etc.

    Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    varieties of scumware are available here:

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    More information and assistance is available at these sites:

    Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    The Parasite Fight
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    --