Remove: Adware-ClickSpring ?

August 9, 2005 10:03:31 AM

How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not delete
or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve
--
Thanks
Anonymous

"Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not
> delete
> or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve
> --
> Thanks

It is spyware called Purity Scan. If you are infected you most likely have
other spyware on your system as well. Check the following links for
information on spyware and programs to remove it.

http://www.aumha.org/secure.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywar...

Kerry
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 9:26:12 PM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it.

HijackThis

"Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not
> delete
> or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve
> --
> Thanks
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:53:50 PM

Litespeed wrote:
> How do I remove the PUP: Adware-ClickSpring? Mcafee VirusScan will not delete
> or quarantine it? What is Adware-ClickSpring? Thanks..............Steve

To deal with issues caused by any sort of "adware" and/or
"spyware," such as Gator, Comet Cursors, Smiley Central, Xupiter, Bonzai
Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately (but
without understanding the consequences) installed, two products that
are quite effective (at finding and removing this type of scumware) are
Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & Destroy from
www.safer-networking.org/. Both have free versions. It's even possible
to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your system against most
future intrusions. I use both and generally perform manual scans every
week or so to clean out cookies, etc.

Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
varieties of scumware are available here:

PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

More information and assistance is available at these sites:

Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

The Parasite Fight
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

--