James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just switched my computer on. Then, they displayed a screen. The screen
with the words, "We are sorry for the inconvience, but Windows did not start
successfully..." And it had those options like Safe mode, start Windows
normally, etc... I tried ALL of them... and it kept repeating. First the Dell
logo, then Windows, then the options screen, and all over again. I suspected
it could be some folder "jpl_cache" or something... I'm not sure about the
folder name, but I know that the contents of that folder have been accidently
deleted... All of it. Is there ANY way to restore them? I really appreciate
some form of help!

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:AEDBF4A0-D174-4C92-B62C-D5D2B43BEA03@microsoft.com,
James <James@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I just switched my computer on. Then, they displayed a screen. The
> screen with the words, "We are sorry for the inconvience, but Windows
> did not start successfully..." And it had those options like Safe
> mode, start Windows normally, etc... I tried ALL of them... and it
> kept repeating. First the Dell logo, then Windows, then the options
> screen, and all over again. I suspected it could be some folder
> "jpl_cache" or something... I'm not sure about the folder name, but I
> know that the contents of that folder have been accidently deleted...
> All of it. Is there ANY way to restore them? I really appreciate some
> form of help!

If you can't boot into the OS (and have no more specific information) the
best option is usually a repair installation. (Not a format and a data
loss.) You will need to do your updates again but beyond that it's generally
quite successful and keeps your data intact.

Repair Installation of XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

Galen

without them."