Links to Freeware Update September 16, 2004.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

This is an update of the new, the updated and the removed links
on Links to Freeware at http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/ or
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or
http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/ (currently 1880 working links
available).

NEW additions are ...

---- In the FREEWARE section ----

B.L.Zebub's Pot (2 dots)
http://pages.zoom.co.uk/leet/my.htm
Some pretty small freeware home-made programs and games: UDGWiz,
Memory, Symbols, Master and more.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section}

FSoft software development (1 dot)
http://www.fsoft.tk/
Two freeware utilities: Mail Extractor and Fcutter.

Gennady Feldman - a.k.a. Gena01 - (2 dots)
http://www.gena01.com/
Four freeware products: Win32Pad, Win32Whois, WIN32SPY and
Win32Get.

Gensler's Home Page (2 dots)
http://www.jcu.edu/philosophy/gensler/
Nearly at the bottom of this page you can find a couple of home-
made freeware programs - a better Notepad is among them, a game and
a screensaver.
{Also in the FREEWARE - GAMES section and in the FREEWARE -
SCREENSAVERS section}

GLH Software (1 dot)
http://glhsoftware.com/freeware.htm
Three freeware utilities: Group Mailer, Encrypted Button Generator
for PayPal and Password Keeper.

Janice, Alan & Rebecca's Home Page (2 dots)
http://www.alan-warriner.co.uk/
A few freeware programs: Rebecca's Colouring Book, Rebecca's
Letters & Numbers, Rebecca's Bash and some Borland, C++ components.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

Keith Devens (3 dots)
http://keithdevens.com/downloads
A nice collection of categorized freeware applications, utilities
and programmer's stuff.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

LAB1.de (german) (4 dots)
http://lab1.de/Central/Software/
Categorized freeware utilities in the German language on this
German-spoken site.

LessPriceWare (5 dots)
http://lesspriceware.netfirms.com/
This is a site where you'll find the freeware recommendations of
the members of the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware.

Markus Welz (2 dots)
http://www.markuswelz.de/freeware/index.html
A couple of freeware utilities and screentoys: Lens, MW-Fonts,
WindowSize, Starfish and more.

Michael Moser's home den (2 dots)
http://www.michaelmoser.org/content_products.htm
A few freeware programs: VIEW_FILES_IN_ZIP, BOOKMARK EXPLORER,
PAINT, TRANSLIT and some programming stuff.
{Also in the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section}

Openwares.org (3 dots)
http://www.openwares.org/index.php
A nice collection of categorized freeware utilities here.

Optimal Access Shop (1 dot)
http://www.optimalaccess.com/en/download_products.php
Two freeware products at the bottom of the page: Feli-X Browser and
Optimal Archive.

PClightning.com (1 dot)
http://www.pclightning.com/
Two freeware utilities: Keep It Alive and SendTo FTP.

SlavaSoft (1 dot)
http://www.slavasoft.com/
At the bottom of this page you'll find two freeware utilities:
HashCalc and FSUM.

Tempest Solutions (1 dot)
http://www.klingebiel.com/tempest/index.html
Two freeware photography applications: Xibit and Stamp.

Z Software (1 dot)
http://www.z-software.com/zd3_free_download.htm
Two freeware utilities: Z-Splitter and Sarasoft Desktop Explorer.

In the FREEWARE - PROGRAMMING section:

Assemblers and other free tools (2 dots)
http://www.iguanalabs.com/tools.htm
Some freeware programming tools on this site.

In the FREEWARE - GAMES section:

KENTAURI (2 dots)
http://www.kentauri.cjb.net/
A couple of freeware games here: Detective academy, Ball Blazing
Fantasy, Rocket Fuel Mayhem, Dark Quest and more.

---- EARLIER reported OFFLINE, back ONLINE again ----

Thanks to Sietse Fliege :)

In the FREEWARE section:

Jackass JoeJoe's freeware utilities
http://www.joejoesoft.com/

-----------------------------
---- REMOVED links ----
-----------------------------

From the FREEWARE section:

DEM0STEN.com
http://demosten.com/download.html
{404 - not found}

Digital Dreams Software
http://www.dgdr.com/
{stopped}

eXtremeSenses Software
http://www.extremesenses.com/engnew/products.htm
{stopped}
{Also from the FREEWARE - GAMES section and from the FREEWARE -
PROGRAMMING section}

--------------
---- Note ----
--------------

Links are removed from my page when I have tried
for 4 times to reach them without any success.

--
Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Henk de Jong wrote:
> This is an update of the new, the updated and the removed links
> on Links to Freeware at http://www.linkstofreeware.nl/ or
> http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/ or
> http://linkstofreeware.vze.com/ (currently 1880 working links
> available).
>
> NEW additions are ...
> B.L.Zebub's Pot (2 dots)
> http://pages.zoom.co.uk/leet/my.htm
> Some pretty small freeware home-made programs and games: UDGWiz,
> Memory, Symbols, Master and more.

Memory v1.0 - Memory is my version of the old matching tiles game. It
uses 40 tiles in an 8 x 5 layout and saves the best time. It's very
simple but I thought I'd add it until I think up some better projects.

Symbols v1.0 - Symbols is a colourful number substitution game played
on a 5 x 5 grid. The numbers1 to 9 are replaced by symbols and you have
to work out what they are by solving a series of sums.

Master v1.01 - Master is a version of the popular code cracking game
Mastermind.

Tiles v1.0 - Tiles is my version of the old sliding tiles game.

Sum Up v1.0 - Sum Up is a unique mathmatical game played against the
computer. The rules are simple and it's quite addictive.

Spinner v1.01 Spinner is a little like a 2-dimentional Rubik's cube.
It's played againt the clock and saves the best time. Version 1.01 how
has colour coordinated buttons.

> Gensler's Home Page (2 dots)
> http://www.jcu.edu/philosophy/gensler/
> Nearly at the bottom of this page you can find a couple of home-
> made freeware programs - a better Notepad is among them, a game and
> a screensaver.

Tic-tac-toe game; if you set it to the highest level, you can't beat it.

> In the FREEWARE - GAMES section:
>
> KENTAURI (2 dots)
> http://www.kentauri.cjb.net/
> A couple of freeware games here: Detective academy, Ball Blazing
> Fantasy, Rocket Fuel Mayhem, Dark Quest and more.

Detective academy is a game of observation and memorizing. It
features two type of games(tests) in which player has to have a quick
and trained eye and fast memory. These tests are graphically and
conceptually designed to emulate imaginary detective academy study.

Ball Blazing Fantasy is a retro arcade game where the player controls
a ball featuring two games in one, Ball Blaze and The Quest.
The Quest is a complete arcade adventure of mineral gathering with
various life forms and hazards as obstacles.
Ball Blaze is a soccer like sport where the players are balls too with
practice and tournament mode available.

Rocket Fuel Mayhem is one screen, spaceship battle game with gravity.
Teams, consisted of same number of spaceships fight each other using
main weapons and special abilities until complete destruction of one
team. R.F.M. is very much made in the style of Star Control melee.

Dark Quest is top view,action battle game set in a fantasy world.
It's a mixture of several genres:action,strategy and RPG.

Another World Memory is a classic memory game with graphic from
Another World(a.k.a. Out Of This World) by Delphine Software,one of the
best games ever.

Run 'Em Over is a top view,mini,car driving game.You are a small
dude on the map who controls a car with a remote controler.Your
objective is to stop hordes of bad people who are invading from the
opposite part of the map to reach you by running them over.

Pong Worz is another variation of classic pong game.

- regards from vegard