i530 upgrade to i730 or i830

Last response: in Network Providers
August 4, 2004 9:39:56 AM

Greetings all,

I currently have an i530 that is provided to me by my workplace.
If I wanted to buy either an i730 or i830 on my own to use
instead of the i530, would I be able to simply swap the SIM card
from the i530 into the new phone? Reason I ask is because I
want to retain the old phone number and don't want to modify the
billing in any way. It would be preferrable if I didn't even
have to notify my job of the change in hardware at all. Is this
possible?

Also, what software would I need to upload custom .wav tones and
custom wallpapers to the phone (provided of course I buy the USB
data cable)?

Thanks!

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 29
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

More about : i530 upgrade i730 i830

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 9:39:57 AM

I did exactly that (530 to an 830).
Some Nextel drones will tell you that simply swapping the SIM card won't work,
but it will. I've done it.

However, it is suggested that you switch the IMEI on record to the 830's eventually.
There are possible support/service issues if you don't.

You will need WebJAL or similar to do what you want. Go to www.hofoufn.com
It is a subscription site, but it's cheap and there is TONS of information and downloads
making it WELL worth it.