First off, I have a BEAST desktop system (overpowered for the most part), so I am NOT trying to replace my desktop.
1. What is your budget? Budget isn't an issue, though where I purchase is.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-17" is fine.
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366-1920 is fine.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Battery life isn't too much of a big deal. The mobility is to transfer between locations, but most of the usage will be on a desk where I can keep it plugged in. (minus trips from time to time)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Gaming will be lots of indie titles, some current gen games (mostly FPS's), but as long as the framerate can be fairly smooth medium settings works just fine.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Nothing more than internet browsing and common tasks, nothing proc/mem heavy.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500-1tb should suffice, lower only if an SSD is used.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2+ years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Rom is fine, prefer Bluray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have no preference other than what I can get through the military. The above options are the only companies that go through AAFES, so my plan is 1 of the 3.
13. What country do you live in?
Hopefully what I mentioned above can help. The only thing I cannot do is show the exact way the building works vs. civilian websites. When I go through AAFES, I am limited slightly to what I can do in the form of customization so I will let anyone know what I can or cannot do while building. No budget but I don't want to go so high that I might as well build a robot to just carry my desktop around. Thanks.