Hi all. i just joined today. I've been researching purchasing a new laptop for a while now and just found this site today. I hope you can help narrow down my choices.
1. What is your budget? $1500 (VA sales tax included 4.5%)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Min 15inch
3. What screen resolution do you want? Must be able to display 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Combination
5. How much battery life do you need? 4-5 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I'd like to be able to play games on my laptop but it's not a priority. If I do however, I'd like to have the settings cranked up to high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Web design, graphic design, web browsing, email, some gaming.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? min 500GB (preferably 7200RPM). Ideally, I'd like to have a setup with a min 128GB SDD + 500GB HDD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I've been looking at Lenovo, Sony, Dell and HP
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? BluRay ROM w/ CD-DVD Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'd prefer a 3rd gen Intel Core i7 Discrete graphics card with min 2GB RAM Backlit keyboard Touchscreen would be nice but it's not a deal breaker