Hi guys, my old laptp broke after four years of constant use, so im looking for a new one. I've been out of the hardware game for at least 1½ year now, so i figured i'd ask you guys for advice. Thanks.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Between 11-14. Ideally 13.3"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not a dealbreaker for me, as long as it is not completely outdated, Ill say at least 1280x1024
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable. Lightweight is a big plus.
5. How much battery life do you need?
This too is a big deal to me. 3 hours at least, on a full charge.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No games. maybe heroes of newerth on med.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
No other real tasks.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Sites dont matter much. Models i have been looking include Macbook air and Lenovo X1 Carbon
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD drive if possible. Not a deal breaker
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dislike HP and acer, as i think they have a cheap feel to them, also brand reviews from other sites show they have very poor customer service.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
TL;DR A lightweight laptop with decent batterylifeand a great build quality.